Gum disease is far too common in the United States, where it is one of the leading causes of tooth loss. It can be treated at Kenneth Hovden DDS in Daly City, but the earlier it’s diagnosed, the better. With that in mind, we ask: how much do you know about gum disease? Take our short quiz to find out.
1. Which of the items below are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
2. Which of the items below are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that appear to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bleeding gums
d. Inflamed gums
3. Which of the items below are possible health concerns linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of people age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following procedures are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Gum grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t notice any symptoms.
We hope you did well!
At Kenneth Hovden DDS in Daly City, gum disease treatment is among our services. In addition to general dentistry we offer dental implants, porcelain veneers, and treat issues like snoring and sleep apnea. Call our office to schedule an appointment today.
Contact Kenneth Hovden DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):