Sleep Apnea and Snoring Treatment for South San Francisco
Snoring can be extremely disruptive to both your natural sleep cycle and to your family members. Sleep apnea is a very common cause of snoring that affects many Americans, often causing heavy snoring and sometimes serious complications with breathing. A pause in your breathing, referred to as an “apnea,” can sometimes occur up to 30 times in one hour and can go unnoticed for years, eventually causing a number of other health problems.
Do I Have Sleep Apnea?
Not every person who is snoring at night suffers with sleep apnea. Only a professional can determine if you are truly affected by this condition. Often symptoms can be ignored for years and not taken seriously, especially because sleep apnea is nearly impossible to self diagnose. If your family members have mentioned snoring or any of the following signs, consider consulting with a qualified doctor for further analysis. Call us in Daly City today and don’t wait any longer to find out if you are suffering from sleep apnea or another sleep disorder.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
- Pauses in your steady breathing that seem abnormal in nature
- A sign known as hypnopia, which is very shallow breathing
- Without adequate sleep patterns, you may feel unusually tired throughout the day
- Waking up with a headache
- Insomnia from sleep disruption
- Medical studies have reported that long term sleep apnea can have a very dangerous effect and cause additional health issues, including a serious decline in liver functions according to some studies.
How to Proceed with Sleep Apnea Treatment
Thanks to advances in modern dentistry, you can now receive successful sleep apnea treatment. After your first consultation with Daly City dentist Dr. Hovden, you can be confident that your sleep apnea treatment will help alleviate your snoring and other dangerous symptoms. Custom mouthpieces that will support your jaw in a forward position help to open you constrained airways, making breathing easier during sleep so that you can rest easy.
Contact us to schedule a consultation if you are concerned you may be suffering with sleep apnea in Daly City, South San Francisco, or Pacifica. If you would like more detailed information about our sleep apnea treatment, visit StopSnoringSleepApnea.com today!