Hi. I’m Dr. Kenneth Hovden. When my San Mateo and Pacifica area patients get mouth sores, I advise them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food – plenty of adult dishes fit the bill:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s no fun, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
I hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for a dentist in the San Francisco area, consider my practice, Kenneth Hovden DDS. We have been serving Daly City since 1981. Call us at 650-755-6000 to schedule an examination and consultation. We offer a complete menu of general and cosmetic dental procedures including:
Sleep apnea and snoring treatment
You can also visit us on the web at http://cosmeticimplantdentistryca.com/.
Dr. Kenneth Hovden
Kenneth Hovden DDS
901 Campus Dr Ste 202
Daly City, California
The following website was used as source material for this blog:
http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/nutrition/nutrition-concerns/, accessed on Feb. 21, 2013