A beautiful smile is one of the first things people notice about your appearance, and missing teeth can have a very negative impact on how others see you. The right tooth implant can greatly improve your smile and your oral health. Dental implants are an ideal solution for restoration, and a professional that specializes in implant dentistry can help rebuild your confidence and self esteem.
About Dental Implants
San Mateo county dentist Dr. Ken Hovden specializes in placement AND restoration of dental implants as well as implant supported dentures. What does this mean to you? You gain the convenience of having only one office to visit for the whole life cycle of your dental implant and associated procedures. Some common uses of dental implants are:
- Implants are used to replace one or several missing teeth
- They can be used to support a permanent bridge
- They can act as an anchor for dentures or a removable partial
Made to look and function like your own teeth, dental implants are both cosmetic and restorative in nature. A tooth implant is a replacement for the original root, eventually connecting to the jaw to act as an anchor for a dental crown. Dr. Hovden has years of experience providing quality implant dentistry services, including placing and restoring dental implants.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
- Support Providing: Dental implants can give you the same support as your natural teeth for more comfortable chewing.
- Teeth Straightening: Closing up gaps is another benefit of a proper tooth implant. This can prevent a crooked smile caused by your teeth shifting out of place.
- Aesthetics: A tooth implant is made to match your existing teeth for a smile that looks both beautiful and natural.
- Easy Care: Dental implants can be cared for the same way you would normally care for your teeth and don’t require additional maintenance.
- Your Health: One danger of a missing tooth is bone atrophy, which can cause your jaw line to become crooked. Because dental implants act as your natural root, they help in preventing bone loss and maintaining symmetry.
Contact us to see if you qualify for our experienced implant dentistry services or visit DentalImplantsDentistSF.com for more information! Dr. Hovden and his staff are proud to serve patients all over the San Francisco area, from Daly City to San Mateo!