Dental bonding is one of the most commonly-used cosmetic dentistry procedures, and it’s not difficult to see why. At Kenneth Hovden DDS in Daly City, dental bonding is an effective treatment for several different problems.
Bonding uses a very sturdy resin material that is tooth-colored. The material is applied to the teeth while it is soft, much like putty, and then it is set with a special light. This hardens the material which then bonds with the tooth and can be shaped and polished as needed.
Dentists will commonly consider dental bonding in the following cases:
- Repairing decayed, chipped, or cracked teeth
- To fill spaces between teeth
- To protect tooth roots that are exposed due to gum recession
- To change the general shape of teeth
- To repair discoloration as part of a complete smile transformation
At Kenneth Hovden DDS in Daly City we offer general and restorative dentistry. Patients come to us from throughout the Bay Area, including San Mateo, Pacifica, and Half Moon Bay. Call for an appointment today!