It’s hard to keep your wits about you during any kind of emergency. That’s why it’s a good idea to know what to do beforehand. Remember we offer emergency dentistry at Kenneth Hovden DDS in Daly City.
Let’s discuss what you should and shouldn’t do if you have an oral emergency.
DON’T throw away any tooth fragments.
DON’T wait to see a dentist.
DO rinse mouth with warm water. If the area is bleeding, put a piece of gauze on it (carefully!).
- DON’T ignore it.
- DON’T let food get stuck in the hole.
- DON’T bite down on the tooth.
Call us to schedule an appointment right away.
- DON’T lose the crown.
- DON’T use all-purpose or “super” glue to cement it back on the tooth. You can try denture adhesive to keep it in place temporarily until you can get to our office.
- DON’T touch the root of the tooth.
- DON’T clean off any tissue attached to it.
- If the tooth gets dirty, DON’T scrub the tooth. You can rinse it gently with warm water.
A knocked out tooth is as serious as dental emergencies get, but it can be successfully re-implanted if done promptly.
At Kenneth Hovden DDS in Daly City emergency dentistry is one of our most important services. People from San Mateo, Pacifica, and Half Moon Bay rely on it, along with our complete general dentistry. Schedule an appointment today!