Traditional dentures allow people to chew foods harder than mashed bananas and flash some teeth when they smile. But they can be unstable, irritating, embarrassing, and inconvenient. Implant-supported dentures from Kenneth Hovden DDS in Daly City are a major step forward.
Dental implants are titanium posts inserted directly into the jawbone. A single implant can support one artificial tooth, while several implants can support a set of dentures.
Implant-supported dentures provide the following benefits:
- Stability – Implants don’t move around in your mouth. This permits normal chewing, swallowing, and speech.
- Bone Retention – The post prevents the bone loss that almost always occurs after a tooth is extracted
- Dental implants prevent jaw muscle dysfunction that can occur when remaining teeth are forced to compensate for missing teeth
- Implants eliminate gum irritation caused by traditional dentures
- No need for denture relines
- No denture adhesive needed, because they are anchored in your jawbone.
Contact Kenneth Hovden DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):